Our two commitments have been developed by the RSA Academies team, Alison, Georgina, Roisin in close consultation with the RSA Academies Board and the Chairs of Governors and principals of all the RSA schools. Here they are:
Addresses the innate curiosity of children and develops confident and creative pupils through an entitlement to an education rich in the arts, design, cultural and creative activities.
We commit that all pupils will participate in a broad range of activities in and outside of the curriculum, in and outside of school, learning the excitement and discipline of creativity.
Prepares students across the RSA Family of Academies for the world beyond school, enabling students at all stages of their schooling to develop a wide range of skills and knowledge so they can thrive in their continuing education, the world of work and in society.
Students will have access to high quality careers education, information, advice and guidance from early years to post-16, with careers education embedded into the curriculum, giving children and young people the grounding to make the right decisions for them about their future.
Along with the commitments are resource packs, designed to give you some ideas for instantiating the commitments in your classroom. We would love to have ideas or suggestions of things to include so please get in touch. The resource packs have been updated for September 2017 with the new school leads for each commitment.
Here are some quick ideas for what you could do to help bring the commitments to life:
- Set up a new club in school
- Have lunch with a colleague you would like to swap ideas with
- Set up a cross-curricular group
- Find out about some great practice happening by being the first to ask
- Connect with your governing body. Here’s Cultural Education: a guide for governors on how to provide a high quality cultural education in schools. Here’s the DfE’s Careers Education: a guide for governors. There is a lead governor for this commitment in each school.
For more information please contact Roisin Ellison.