Artsmark is an Arts Council England endorsement that recognises schools with excellent provision for the arts within their curriculum and extra-curricular activities. The awarding panel was particularly impressed with the number of students who are electing to take arts subjects beyond Year 8 and by the relationships that exist with high quality arts practitioners such as through last summer’s RSA Performing Arts Hub project with the REP theatre in Birmingham.
Congratulations RSA Academy on Artsmark Gold achievement
We are thrilled to share the RSA Academy, Tipton’s fantastic achievement of Gold Artsmark Award.
Why is Artsmark valuable?
By supporting cultural education in schools we can
- Inspire young people to create, experience and participate in arts and culture
- Build the confidence, resilience and drive that will help children grow into happy, articulate, successful young people
- Embed arts, cultural and creativity across you whole school or setting
- Strengthen arts provision, motivating and inspiring teaching staff
- Provide Ofsted with evidence on spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) student development
- Support the wellbeing of children and young people
RSA Academies’ Arts, Creativity and Cultural Education Commitment
All the RSA academies have signed up to a special commitment that recognises the importance of an arts, creativity and cultural offer and are working hard to improve their practice and offer. The Artsmark framework and journey provides a perfect and practical way to strategically deliver against the school improvement plan in a way that meets the school at it’s own starting point and provides a challenging but realistic stretch.